Wednesday, June 10, 2009

High on a mountain top.....

Lance hiked to the rock house that we had posted about earlier. It looks awesome. He went and check out the trail before we took Abby up there. Not sure if Abby could make it, it's pretty tough. Lance took some good pictures. It's amazing how much work people put into it, it's not like you can drive to it so all supplies they would have had to pack up there. Pretty impressive.

Lance said he was thinking of me when he took this picture through the window. LOL I guess I'm rubbin' off on him.

Check it out, pretty amazing.


He said that on his way back there were other hikers on their way up there to camp.



On the way back he came across a rattle snake............!!! YIKES>> He's a crazy man and started poking it with a stick so he could get this cool picture. I have to say I am impressed with it but I think I would have pee'd my pants!!

So now to the best part. He got home and showed me the pictures and I told him we should ask our 85 year old neighbor about this rock house. So we printed a picture of it and walked over to his house. He started to giggle and said, oh boy, you guys found the nudest colonie!!! Yep, that's right I guess years back the nudest needed to get away so they built it. WOW all I have to say is.... that's a lot of rock to move in the nude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Krista said...

Too bad you didn't know it was a nudist colony before-hand... you could have hiked it in the nude too!