Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We made it through Memorial weekend. Nick left for Afghanistan last Monday, it's a very humbling experience to remember those that have fought for our freedom with one of our own heading to war. Words can not express how thankful I am for our fore fathers who have made it possible for us to live as we do. I hope and pray that our Marine makes it home safe, I pray that he know how much we love him here at home and how proud we are of him for his willingness to service our country and preserve our freedoms.
With our flag flying high we headed to Bishop for their Mule Days celebration. We went to the parade which I LOVE, it's all horse, mules, donkeys and good ole cowboys and cowgirls. What better way to celebrate Memorial Day!! These are my absolute favorite.... The Budweiser Clydesdale's. Aren't they beautiful.. I told Lance I wanted a Clydesdale and he his response was.... "do you know how much it takes to feed one of those?"...... LOL I can dream can't I?

The mule version of a Clydesdale.... maybe I could do with a half Clydesdale.... LOL





Daddy and his girl watching the parade. When we got home Abby played pack mule for hours. It was pretty cute watching her pack her cart full of stuff and pull it around with a rope.


This was the only clown she liked. I think she takes after uncle Stephen and is a bit afraid of CLOWNS!!

0 comments: