Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lone PIne Christmas Parade

The theme this year was "Pets on Parade". Abby's preschool had a float and the kids look their stuffed animals. It was freezing cold. I should have dressed Abby warmer. Poor thing was so cold by the time she got off.

Merry Christmas!! She thought that was pretty neat, being in her first parade. It was a good one to be in. Small town don't have long parades.

After the parade we went to see Santa..... it brought back memories from Green River..... Do you see anything that would remind you of the fire house? Oh yes, the cheesy man next to Santa!! He scared Abby to death. She wouldn't go close to Santa because of "his helper". We got to the truck and she started to cry. She thinks she isn't going to get anything because she didn't sit on his lap. It broke my heart. I think every picture of us growing up in GR there is a guy next to Santa that looks just like that!!! Oh and the little girl sitting on his lap is Abby's friend Larissa.


After Santa we went on a hunt for a Christmas tree. Luckily the local True Value had a couple left. It really did feel like I was a kid again. I remember going shopping at the True Value after Santa at the fire house. It's sad that GR no longer has a True Value Store.
Merry Christmas!!

1 comments:

ALICIA said...

What a fun post. I haven't posted on here forever. I guess I really need to get on the ball. That parade looked fun. Abby looked so cute in her little elf hat. And I laughed so hard at the scary man next to Santa. Love that!!! Your tree looks great!!