Friday, May 2, 2008

More Turkey


Garrett has been in Colorado hunting turkey's for a couple days & here's the story. He & a friend left home about 9:30 Tuesday night & headed to Green River. They went to bed there at almost midnight & then got up the next morning at 3 to go to Colorado to find the turkey's. When they were about to Moab Garrett's friend says "I forgot the tent". (I asked why they didn't take the trailer or stay at a hotel but I guess the terrain was too rough for the trailer & there weren't any hotels nearby). Once they got into Colorado they started hunting & Garrett got his turkey right off. Then when bed time rolls around they just made their beds on their cots & slept under the stars. (never mind the part about that they'd seen a bear earlier in the day). Well, about 2 am Bret wakes up & tells Garrett he's getting really cold & that he's going to get in the truck. About a half hour later Garrett wakes up to pull his sleeping bag over him a little better because he's starting to feel pretty cold too & he reaches out of it & puts his hand into an inch of snow on top of his bag. So needless to say he crawled in the truck too & they spent the rest of the night turning the truck on & off trying to stay warm. They hunted the next morning & then the wind came up so they decided to hit the road & head for home. (In my opinion, I don't think they wanted to spend another night under the stars & in the snow). Now, could this really provide so much fun that you'd want to experience sleeping in the snow with bears?????? Silly boys!!!

1 comments:

Gaylene said...

Oh my! I don't know if I would go hunting anymore after that!! I hate being cold. I'm cold just sitting here. LOL